Themes could include, but are not limited to:
- Cross-cultural practices and patterns of dress and / or body adornment
- Production and distribution of clothing
- Gendered and ethnic shaping of dress practice
- Fashion politics of dress in globalizing contexts
- Circulation and re-use of dress and dress idioms
- Design in globalized contexts
- Representations of clothing cultures
- Appropriation / acculturation of designs, materials, motifs
- Dress in colonial / post-colonial contexts
For individual speakers: a 200-word proposal and a 1 page CV
For full panels: a 200-word panel rationale, plus 200 word proposals for each panel participant along with their individual 1 page CVs.
We especially welcome themed panels, maximum three speakers but individuals papers are welcomed as well.
Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: 1 October 2015.
Acceptances of papers to be announced: 1 December 2015.